If you’re a Family Childcare Provider or would like to be, The Planning Council can assist you in a variety of ways, from getting licensed and quality-rated to safety and wellness.
One of our most important programs helps you feed healthy and nutritious meals and snacks to the children under your care.
The Food Program (CACFP)
The Planning Council sponsors the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and much of Virginia. The Food Program, as its often called, provides reimbursements for licensed providers, and The Planning Council conducts free training and professional development and provides technical assistance. Learn more about participating in the program and how The Planning Council helps you succeed.
- Reimbursements for qualified food purchases
- Access to free training and professional development
- Online menu planning tools
- Technical assistance to insure full and timely reimbursements
- Online resources, including exercise and activities, container gardening, special diets, etc.
- Serves as a marketing tool for families looking for quality family childcare options
JOIN THE FOOD PROGRAM
Don’t miss out on this important program that provides both financial and technical assistance. Remember, habits start early so healthy eating should too. Here’s how you can apply. You must be a licensed or certified provider to participate in the CACFP.
Not licensed or certified yet?
See the links below to get started.